2015 Taipei Touch Tournament
Organized by Taipei Touch Association.
Recap from 2014:
Over 200 people participated in the 2014 Chinese Taipei Touch Tournament with 12 teams entering the Open Mixed Division..
This was the first time the Tournament saw overseas team entering, as our friends from Hong Kong entered 3 teams (STRIVE, DILWL & FLASHMOB).
WOK winner: DMB, runner up: Taipei Sausage Hulks
PLATE winner: Flashmob RFC, runner up: Taipei Baboons RFC
CUP winner: Team HUKIT, runner up: Sexy Beasts/Celts (SBCs’)
Details for the 2015 Tournament are as follows:
Date: Saturday April 11th, 2015
Times: 08:00 – 17:00
Locations: Bailing Rugby Fields, Shilin District, Taipei City
Field Size: 2 x 60 m (l) by 45 m grass fields
Team entry fee: $9000 (Incl Dinner)
Playing Rules: Modified FIT Playing Rules (minimum of 2 females on the field at all times).
Team Limits: Maximum 14 registered players per team.
Referees: Each team must nominate at least 4 referees. This is compulsory as it assists with the running of this tournament. There are only so many accredited referees here in Taipei, so we would greatly appreciate your assistance in this matter.
Prize-giving dinner venue: TBC
Due to logistical issues, this tournament is limited to One Mixed Open Division of 12 teams. We hope to have some overseas’ teams to enter this tournament and therefore reserve the right to accept or decline local team registration based on the team’s experience, skill’s level and most recent ranking (tournament or leagues).
Players must wear numbered team uniforms, no screw-in studs or cleats are to be worn. Light leather or synthetic boots with soft moulded soles are permitted.
Players are not to wear jewelry whilst playing (including but not limited to watches, rings, ear-rings, bracelet, necklaces).
Teams must use Team Sign-Up sheet (http://goo.gl/4KuFje) and email them to email@example.com.
Please provide your name (as shown on passport) and ID (Taiwan) passport number (Foreigners or visitors without TW ID) as we will purchase accident insurance for all players/officials/support staff who supplied the required information.
Team Captains must sign the Indemnity Waiver Form on the day before the tournament.
Please bring your own water bottles, as organizers will prepare 5 L bottles of water for refills!
Registration closes 5:00 pm, 2nd March 2015.
這是第一次本錦標賽有國外的球隊來參加，來自香港的球友報名註冊了3支球隊 (STRIVE, DILWL & FLASHMOB).
鍋獎盃冠軍： DMB, 第二名：Taipei Sausage Hulks
盤獎盃冠軍: Flashmob RFC, 第二名：Taipei Baboons RFC
杯獎盃冠軍：Team HUKIT, 第二名： Sexy Beasts/Celts (SBC’s)
時間： 8:00 am ~ 5:00 pm
場地尺寸： 2 x 60 m (l) x 45 m 草面球場
報名費: $ 9000 (每隊, 包括晚餐)
規則: 修改過的FIT規則 (場上最少2名女球員)
每隊必須要穿一致的球服，球服必須要有號碼。 球員不能穿鐵釘球鞋。上場時，不能夠帶首飾 (包括但不限制於手錶、戒指、耳環、手環、項鏈等).
請通知大眾自備水壺, 當天將會提供5L 的礦泉水給大家。
報名截止日期: 2015年3月2日, 下午5點。
TAS Touch Invitational Tournament 2015
Organised by Taipei Touch Association & Taipei American School 由臺北觸球協會以及臺北美國學校合辦
The Second Edition of the TAS Touch Invitational Tournament will take place on Saturday the 17th of January 2015. This was such a great success in 2014, the organizers have come together to bring you what would hopefully be another fast-paced tournament!!
Details are below:
When: 9:30 am – 1.00 pm, Saturday 17th January 2015
Where: Taipei American School, No. 800 Chung Shan North Road, Section 6, Shilin District, Taipei City.
Player Entry Fee: NT$100 (non-TAS Students/faculty/staff)
Playing field: There is ONE full size field (70 m x 50 m) and ONE smaller size field (50 m x 45m). Tap ball on the smaller field will take place on the score line.
Playing Rules: Modified FIT Rules (minimum 2 females on field at all times)
Team Limits: Maximum 16 registered players per team (Minimum 4 registered females)
Referees: Each team must nominate at least 4 referees.
TEAM ENTRY FORMS can be downloaded at http://goo.gl/lCvM6T, these MUST be submitted by 17:00, Thursday January 8th 2015.
第二屆的臺北美國學校觸球邀請賽將會在2015年1月17日 (週六) 舉行. 由於第1屆舉辦的成功，主辦單位決定再次給大家帶來一個節奏快又好玩的錦標賽!!
日期: 9.30 am – 1.00 pm, 週六，2015年1月17日
場地: 1 x 全場 70 m x 50 m 的場地，1 x 比較小, 50 m x 45 m 的場地。第二場地的點球和重新點球將會在觸地得分線上開始。
規則: 修改過的FIT規則 (場上最少2名女球員)
隊伍限制: 每隊最多註冊16名球員 (最少4名女球員)
隊伍報名表可以在 http://goo.gl/lCvM6T 下載, 隊伍報名表必須在2015年1月8日的下午5點完成。
Full gallery at http://tinyurl.com/l2nzefv
A HUGE THANK YOU to all of the organizers (CTTA Committee, Paul Rose, Trent Prestegar, Fershad Irani, James Chang, David Lee, Antoni Barry, Papa Pete, Team HUKIT), volunteers, coaches, captains, players, cameramen/women, referees (Paul Rose, Ayaka Sung, Antoni Barry, Fershad Irani, Harry Stokes, Trent Prestegar, David Liao, Hideaki Nara, Niuone Eluita, Grant Dexter, Allen Lin, Lorraine Lin, Andy Yi, Ricki Nethercofte, Matt Small, Sebastian Town, Daniel Bowley, Adrian Brink, Spencer Jemelka, Rachel Grantham), Chinese Taipei Rugby Football Union, Taipei International Rugby Football Club (Taipei Baboons) parents (mother of the year, Mrs Lin!) and friends of participants who entered the 2014 Chinese Taipei Touch Tournament. James Chang & Sean Carless/Jethro Q. Walrustitty for time keeping and making sure everything ran smoothly, Wai Lee & David Liao for getting the water for everybody! Tommy Wu for doing an Ice run, Ben Hall, Antoni Barry & Nurse Ho Ya-Hui for driving the injured to the hospital. Thank you to Leo Chang from Leo’s Tuck Shop for keeping everyone fed with your delicious NZ styled pies and Max Murphy for hosting the dinner and prize-giving at The Brass Monkey! Thank you to Hide Nara, (who is doing his Touch World Tour), thank you for making the trip to Taiwan and thank you for coaching/teaching/taking photos and being a great ambassador for the sport of touch, I am sure people playing with you and against you have all learnt a trick or three. Last but not least, we would like to say THANK YOU to FIT Asia Coaching Commission, Rachel Grantham, for showing us the true SPIRIT OF THE GAME, your passion for the sport we love and your determination to help grow the sport of touch within Asia, it is the selfless people like yourself, whom makes this sport so much more enjoyable.
This year, over 200 people participated in the 2014 Chinese Taipei Touch Tournament with 12 teams entering the Open Mixed Division with 3 teams from Hong Kong (Flashmob, Strive, Dilwl SU Rugby), 1 team from Taichung (Juggernauts), 8 teams from Taipei (HUKIT, Sexy Beasts/Celts, Taipei Baboons RFC, Fivewoods RFC, Pacific Dragons, Westlake OBs, DMB, Sausages/Hulks). We thank you all for your support and participation, and we wish to see you again in the near future!
除了感謝感謝還有感謝。 2014年的Chinese Taipei Touch Tournament 臺灣觸球競標賽在三月一號舉辦的。我們需要感謝的包括 臺灣觸球委員會，Paul Rose, Trent Prestegar, Fershad Irani, James Chang, David Lee, Antoni Barry, Papa Pete, Team HUKIT, 志願者, 教練, 領隊, 隊員, 攝影師, 裁判 (Paul Rose, Ayaka Sung, Antoni Barry, Fershad Irani, Harry Stokes, Trent Prestegar, David Liao, Hideaki Nara, Niuone Eluita, Grant Dexter, Allen Lin, Lorraine Lin, Andy Yi, Ricki Nethercofte, Matt Small, Sebastian Town, Daniel Bowley, Adrian Brink, Spencer Jemelka, Rachel Grantham), 中華民國橄欖球協會, 臺北國際橄欖球俱樂部, 所有參加競標賽隊友親朋好友們。 James Chang 和 Sean Carless 確保賽程一切進展順利，Wai Lee & David Liao開車載水給大家，Tommy Wu 中途去買冰塊，Ben Hall, Antoni Barry & 何雅惠開車送傷者去醫院。 Leo Chang里奧的灶咖 – Leo’s Tuck Shop 提供美味的獨一無二的正宗紐西蘭風味私房鹹肉派給大家填飽肚子，感謝Max Murphy 在銅猴子舉辦晚餐和頒獎典禮。感謝Hide Nara (他正在進行觸球世界旅行). 感謝您來到臺灣，並且教導、教學、聊天、拍照，您是一位很好的觸球形象大使! 我相信在場上的雙邊球員都有跟您學了兩三招。
最後，我們想跟FIT 亞洲委員會的Rachel Grantham 說最大聲的感謝您！ 因為您展示了這個運動的真正精神，您對於在亞洲發展觸球的熱心是令人佩服的！
今年的臺灣觸球競標賽有超過200位參賽者，成人男女混合組有12支球隊；三支香港球隊 (Flashmob, Strive, Dilwl SU Rugby), 一支臺中球隊 (Juggernauts), 八支臺北球隊 (HUKIT, 性感野獸/愛爾蘭足球隊, 臺北猴王橄欖球俱樂部, 五木橄欖球俱樂部, 太平洋火龍橄欖球隊, 西湖校友橄欖球隊, DMB, 臺北綠巨人/香腸先生欖球隊). 我們感謝大家的支持和參與，我們非常希望在不就的將來能夠再次見到您！
Thank you all very much, see you all very soon!!
Last Saturday was the 2014 Chinese Taipei Touch Tournament. One of the players, playing for Taipei’s Team Hukit, was Hide Nara. Hide is a member of the Japan national team, and is currently living the dream – traveling the world playing touch.
Having Hide (or Hitch, as he is also known) at the tournament was a huge boost to Touch in Taiwan. Not only did he wow us with his skills and steps, but Hitch was also selfless in sharing his knowledge of the game with anyone who asked. When he wasn’t playing or refereeing, Hitch could be seen teaching plays to team mates, helping others improve their passing and catching skills, or simply pass on small little pointers that certainly helped to boost the level of everyone’s game.
The 2014 Chinese Taipei Touch Tournament will be held on March 1st 2014, at Bailing Rugby Fields in Taipei, Taiwan ROC. We are welcoming all teams, from Taiwan and Internationals to join us for what will be a fantastic day of Touch!
If your team would like to participate, you can fill in the application form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. More details are below:
Teams must use Team Sign-Up sheet and email them to email@example.com and Team Captains must sign the Indemnity Waiver Form on the day before the tournament.
Must have a minimum of two girls per team. 每隊至少需要兩位女球員哦！
Entry Fee: $2,000/team
Registration closes February 15th 2014.
A recap of last year’s tournament is below:
This year, well over 200 people participated in the 2013 Chinese Taipei Touch Tournament with 12 teams entering the Open Mixed Division and 4 teams in the Junior Mixed Division.
In the Mixed Open Division, Pacific Island Dragons beat out Taichung Swingers (or was it Spinners) in semi-final 1 and Team HUKIT defending against a fierce challenge from Taipei Baboons.
The final was played out between Pacific Island Dragons and Team HUKIT, with HUKIT drinking out of the victor’s trophy.
4 Mixed Junior Teams entered with the final played out between 台中毛毛蟲兒童橄欖球隊 Taichung Caterpillars Junior Rugby Club Green and Tian Mu Irish after they defeated Taichung Caterpillars Whites and Taipei Angry Birds. Tian Mu Irish were victorious at the end.
More details at: https://www.facebook.com/events/702514436455125/
Full gallery at: http://tinyurl.com/ma6234t
Congratulations to Taichung Touch Rugby for organizing another successful tournament. Special thanks goes out to Jacob Curran, Dwayne Smith and everyone else involved for all their effort into making sure the day went smoothly. Congratulations to Taichung for bringing the Zhong-Bei Ball back to their city, and to Taipei Red (Team HUKIT) for winning the Cup.
Below is a wrap up written by organizer Jake.
恭喜臺中觸式欖球成功舉辦了臺中觸球錦標賽！我們需要特別感謝Jacob Curran，Dwayne Smith 以及其他
Congratulations to Taipei Red for Winning the Cup, and to Doulio for winning the Plate (by a 1 point try differential) at the 2014 Taichung Touch Tournament. The bonus point for including a female in the team really proved costly for 高雄 (Kaohsiung) and FCU in the Plate playoffs which meant Doulio managed to take it out. Juggernauts went into the Grand Final as 1st seed after drawing with Taipei Red in the Cup Playoff, but Taipei Red came back strong and took out the competition with 4 touch downs to Juggernauts 2 in the final match. Thanks to all the teams who traveled from other cities, thanks to the sponsors, and thanks to all those who helped out, you made the day a great success. Results are below, and full results are in the Google Doc： 恭喜台北紅色有贏，然後斗六贏Plate(一份而已)在我們2014台中Touch球賽。我們比賽需要女生的規定讓逢甲大學和高雄很難贏，但是他們兩個隊很壯，所以後來斗六有贏那個Plate。在那個Grand Final Juggernauts 本來是第一名，但是最後一個球賽台北紅色證明他們很壯有贏Juggernauts 4-2。謝謝每一隊從別城市來，謝謝我們的贊助謝謝每一個人都幫忙。結果在下面：
8th = Caterpillars
7th = 高雄
6th = FCU
Plate winner = Doulio
4th = Taipei Blue
3rd = Beefeaters
2nd = Juggernauts
Cup winner = Taipei Red
The 2nd annual Taichung Touch Tournament will be taking place this Saturday at Fengjia University, Taichung. If you are in town, or can make it to Taichung, it would be great to see you at the ground supporting the teams from around Taiwan.
More details at: https://www.facebook.com/events/174548039413203/?fref=ts
CTTA President Ting Fan represented the Chinese Taipei Association at the annual Shanghai International Touch Tournament (SITT). Below is his report of the event, including some clarifications on FIT rules, and take-outs from the refereeing coaching that was also part of the tournament.
I represented CTTA and attended the SITT over the weekend. Below is the write up.
SITT was a very well organized with over 600 players, 47teams spread over 7 divisions, playing on 7 full size fields at the Shanghai RugbyFootball Club (SRFC). Teams came from Thailand, HongKong, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and other parts of China. Shanghai Touch Association (STA) are full of very genuineand friendly people. The main objective of my trip was to attend the Referee Workshop andmeet other teams from around Asia. For this year the tournament had more than20 referees, spearheaded by AlexWong (AUS, L6), Miah Williams (NZL, World No. 1, L6) with many other veryexperienced referees (L3-L6) flying from Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, Australiaand New Zealand. Thefeedback I heard afterwards were the quality of the referees which had apositive effect on the tournament.
Teams expressing interest to visit Taipei: Tokyo Open(winner of Men Open division Cup), Shanghai Dragons (runner-up Mixed divisionCup). In saying that, we should be aiming to send teams away tolet ourselves known to other teams and help drive the interest for all parties.
Great workshop and very helpful. From 9.30 am – 4.00 pm. Here are some of the points I jolted down:
- Communication – managing players, verbal & non-verbal
- Competency – earning respect with content knowledge
Highlighting some of the Rules from FIT Playing Rules 4th Edition
- 5. Proper touch field (70m x 50m), 5 m is about 7 m.
- Two referees – one on the side line, watching the Link& Wing, the other in line with the defensive team. Not the two fullbacksystem we have been using.
- 6. For mixed teams, 14/team, only 4 players (min 1female) are required to start the game. Allow 2 minutes to get players on thefield, otherwise game is forfeit.
- 8. Winner of coin toss chooses direction & sub box.They also tap first in the drop-off.
- On the “Fifth” touch, call “Fifth” or “FirthTouch” not “Fifth and Last”. Because an event might occurwhere touch count resets and the team in possession continues.
- Fwd Pass – Ball leaves the hand with obvious handgesturing forward. If the momentum and wind carries the ball forward, it is notforward pass.
- PENALTY Mark – Where the offense occurred.
- Off the mark – The trailing leg crosses over the balland the back leg takes one more step over the mark before the ball is dumped –off the mark
- If a player places the ball on the ground onor over the Scoreline at the same time that a Touch is made, the Touchcounts and a Touchdown is not awarded – benefit to the defender
- However, when sliding to touchdown and the defender isstanding when he/she makes the touch, gravity should get your lower than thestanding defender
- Sliding to score – Must be on the score line &beyond, never before the score line.
- Acting half only has 1-2sec to pick up the ball before “No half, play on”. The defendingteam must step over the ball, acting half then plays on. The attacking turneddefending team must retreat 5 m.
- Delaying roll ball. The player have 1-2 sec to performroll ball, otherwise PENALTY is awarded.
- Minimum force to effect touch – Defending &Attacking players can push players, provided that – the player is not thrownoff balance, knocked backwards. Tactic used to help defenders to get back onside.
- Offside – no need to tell players they’re onside, onlywhen they are OFFSIDE, “centre/link/wing/jersey number you’reshort/come to me/here is the five”.
- Offside at roll ball – Defending player interferingwith roll ball, the PENALTY awarded at 5 m forward of the initial roll ballmark (where the offside player should have been, 15m gain).
- Offside at tap ball – PENALTY awarded at 10 m in front(where the offside player should have been, 20m gain).
- Player in possession initiates touch on a defendingplayer who is making a genuine effort to get on side – Touch counts.
- 16. Penalties – Scale of escalation
- 17. Go by what you see: Warning – PENALTY – VoluntarySubstitution – Forced Substitution – Dismissal. Referee has discretion for anyplayer who are not in the “Spirit of the game”.
- Dismissal a period oftime – Referee decide how long the player is off for, but the non-offendingteam should get at least two attacking sets and two sets of defending sets.
- 10. Phantom Touch at scoreline: Award touchdown,defending playing can be sent off for whole game.
- Playersmust avoid calling “yes/touch” followed by “no/notouch”
- Calling “Yes” then “No” whenthe defender realizes she made a mistake and retreats, play “Advantage” to theteam in possession
- Calling “Yes”, and persisting whilstknowing they are at fault, see scale of escalation below.
- Ball deliberately knocked from hands – PENALTY.Accidentally knocked from hands, touch count resets.
- Touch & Pass – Very late pass – PENALTY.Simultaneous touch & pass – “Gone, play on”
- Touch within 5 m line. If the team in possession rollsthe ball beyond the 5 m line, the defending team must all continue movingforward to make touch. If the team in possession rolls the ball within the 5 mline, the defending team does not need to move forward.
- Referee has control over the field, players andcoaches/team managers.
大家好，我個人出參加上海國際觸球競標賽 – 寫了一個小報告給大家分享
2013年的上海國際觸球競標賽總共有47隊報名7個組別。這次的競標賽由上海觸球協會(Shanghai Touch Association, STA) 在上海瑞可碧橄欖球俱樂部 (Shanghai Rugby Football Club, SRFC)舉辦的。SRFC的草皮大於足夠包容7個70 m x 50 m的場地，讓筆者看到之後差點流淚。報名的球隊來自于泰國、香港、日本、馬來西亞、新加坡以及中國各地。筆者這去上海的主要目的為參加“裁判培訓”以及各亞洲各地的球隊多聯繫，希望他們後期也有機會來寶島台灣參於我們的競標賽。
本屆競標賽也有邀請20多位裁判，自費從泰國、新加坡、香港、澳大利亞以及紐西蘭來到上海協助。陣容包括Alex Wong (澳洲L6), Miah Williams (紐西蘭L6,世界第一)。 多數的參賽者都聲明，有水準高的裁判來執法，不但有積極的作用，比賽的氣氛也不一樣了。
* 在正規球場（70m x 50m）時候，5m 越位線其實是7m – 這樣有助於進攻方。
*兩個裁判 – 一個裁判在防守方關注越位線，另一位裁判在邊線觀察最靠近邊線的兩位球員（Link & Wing）是否有在越位線之後方。
* 男女混合隊 – 14位球員，但是場上只要4位球員就能開球（最少一位女球員）。如果兩分鐘之後，球隊人數不足或者球隊遲到的話，就被視為棄權。
* 在第五“Touch”時，直接喊”Fifth、FirthTouch” 而不是“Firth & Last”, 因為有可能發生情況讓控球方另獲得再6次Touch.
* Forward Pass前傳 – 如果球離開手的時候，手的姿勢很明顯的往前傳球– 當地PENALTY犯規。
* Roll ball off the mark 滾球越位– 放球之前，最靠近自方達陣線的腿跨越球之後，第二支腿再跨一步之後再放球– 越位犯規
*Touch down 達陣 – 如果控球員把球放在達陣線上或達陣區里的同時也被Touch到，裁判會宣佈Touch有算 – 有利於防守方。
* Half 最多只有1-2秒時間撿球, 沒有Half的話，1-2秒之後裁判會喊“Nohalf, play on”。防守隊可以往前，跨過球之後變成控球隊，然後有Half上來撿球。原控球隊變防守隊必須退5m.
* Roll Ball 滾球必須在被Touch之後的第一時間內執行– 故意延時將被犯規。
* Touch 必須以最少力量而執行 – 控球方以及防守方可以Push 推對方 – 但是一定不能過於用力而把導致對方失去平衡、摔倒導致受傷等。採用輕力以助於防守方退後是策略。
* Offside 越位 – 裁判不用告知球員他、她們已經退5m，只需要告知他、她們還Offside的時候。
* Roll ball 時越位 – 防守員妨礙控球員執行rollball， 犯規Penalty。裁判將會指揮控球隊再往前5m的地方執行roll ball（犯規球員原本該站的越位線），並且罰10m (總共15m利於控球方)
* Tap ball 時越位 – 防守員越位犯規。裁判將會指揮控方在往前10m的地方執行Tap ball (犯規球員原本該站的越位線，並且罰10m (總共20m 利於控球方)
* 控球員自己Touch一直設法後退到越位線後的防守員 – 算Touch，因為防守員沒有犯規。
* 犯規嚴重性階梯 – 如果犯規球員不以觸球的格言“打球精神“為主的話，裁判擁有自由裁量權
* 時間性出場 – 球員不得替補，由裁判決定出場時間
* 無時間性出場 – 球員不得替補，並且在接下兩場都不能出席
* 時間性出場 – 裁判擁有自由裁量權， 最短時間為非犯規方擁有兩次控球的Set 以及兩次方防守的Set。
* Phantom touch @ score line 在達陣線上故意喊Touch– 裁判將會算達陣，然後可以已時間性出場或者非時間性出場來懲罰犯規球員。
* 球員最好不要喊“Yes/touch”然後立刻喊”No/Notouch”, 因為他、她其實沒有Touch到控球員。
* 如果以上情況發生的話，然後防守員自己有意識錯誤，並且立刻退後。裁判可以喊“Advantage 利於 控球方“
* 如果防守員喊“Yes/touch” 但是明知自己犯錯，裁判採用犯規嚴重性階梯。
* 防守員故意打控球員手握的球並且導致球落地 – Penalty 犯規。
* 非故意的話 – Touch數歸零0。
* Touch & Pass Touch之後傳球– 如果非常明顯– Penalty犯規。 如果同時Touch以及傳球– 裁判可以喊“Gone,play on 球已離手，繼續玩球”
* 控球員在進攻的5M線Touch– 可以把球拿到5m線外進行rollball.
* 如果在5m 線外rollball, 防守方必須從達陣線一直往前執行Touch– 不能停留在達陣線上– 否則犯規Penalty.
* 如果控球員在5M線內roll ball, 防守方不需要從達陣線一直往前– 可以停留在達陣線上。
* 裁判的主控權利包括 – 場地，球員，球隊管理以及教練等
Full gallery at: http://tinyurl.com/kflsdda
Chinese Taipei Touch Association was honored to be invited by Kaohsiung Rugby Union to participate in the annual Kaohsiung City Sevens Tournament, held at the world class facilities, The National Stadium (formerly known as World Games Stadium). With a capacity of 55,000 people, The National Stadium is the largest stadium in Taiwan.
This year, 46 teams entered in the 10 categories: Junior High Sevens, University Sevens, Club Sevens, OB Sevens, Elementary Flag, Junior High Flag x 2, Junior High Girls flag, Women Flag & Touch which was played over three days.
Chinese Taipei Touch Association臺灣觸球協會很榮幸的被邀請到2013年的高雄市七人制欖球競標賽。由高雄市橄欖球委員會在世界一流的設施、國家體育場（前身為世運主場館）舉辦的高雄市七人制欖球競標賽，今年吸引了46支球隊報名。國家體育場可容納55,000人，是台灣容納多大的體育場，也是台灣最壯觀體育場之一。
On behalf of Chinese Taipei Touch Association, a huge “Thank You” must go out to Kaohsiung Rugby Union for inviting CTTA. Especially Chairman Ming-Shan Huang , 主委黃明山), Director-General Zhi-Jian Ding (總幹事丁志堅), numerous volunteers for their thankless task of organizing such an amazing tournament which was played at one of the best stadiums in Taiwan. Thank you to all the coaches, managers, referees (Grant Dexter, Andrew Donnelly, James Chang, Matt Small, Dwayne Smith, Kenny Yip, Ho Ting Fung Anthony, Paul Rose, Jacob Curran and anyone else we’ve missed out!) and Eric Li for brining over the Hong Kong Galaxy.
We look forward to return to Kaohsiung in 2014!
Photos Courtesy of Grant Dexter, Jane Chuang, Judy Fung, 高雄市橄欖球委員會 and many others!
Full gallery at: http://tinyurl.com/m6e267v
On a beautiful & sunny Sunday in Taichung, Taichung Touch Rugby lead by Jake Curran, Dwayne Smith & Co., pulled off Another Touching Moment.
The intercity competition between 4 Taichung teams, 2 Kaohsiung teams and 1 Taipei team saw two Taichung teams go through to the final. However, we will never know which Taichung Team will hold the bragging rights as the match was not played due to lack of daylight.
The final match was the prized Zhong Bei Ball. An elegant hand-crafted trophy that will keep Touch thriving in Taiwan as it is contested between the cities of Taichung & Taipei.
After an intense battle which saw neither team giving an inch, Taipei came out victorious and can bring the Zhong Bei Ball back to Taipei until the next challenge.
From Chinese Taipei Touch Association 臺灣觸球協會，a massive thank you must go out towards Jake Curran and the crew at TTR for the thankless task of organizing the Boot Camp after the initial postponement. Thank you to the players from Kaohsiung Mituo HS Team, Mituo OB Team, Taichung Caterpillars, Taichungler, Juggernauts, Beefeater and Taipei for making this day happen!
Photos Courtesy of Taichung Caterpillars Junior Rugby’s Yu-Chin Huang & Taipei’s Danny Kuo